What foods should you never give a baby?
Food, Baby: 5 Things to Never Feed Your Infant
- Honey. Honey, or foods with honey in them, may contain the spores of the bacteria C. …
- Too Much Water. Babies miss out on the nutrients they need from breast milk or bottle feeding if they satisfy their appetite with water. …
- A Bottle of Cow’s Milk. …
- Fruit Juice. …
- High-Mercury Fish.
What can babies eat before 1 year?
Examples of appropriate solid foods listed by age:
- Well-cooked and pureed meat, poultry or beans.
- Ground, cooked, single-grain cereal or infant cereal with breast milk or formula.
- Cooked and pureed vegetables.
- Mashed banana or avocado.
Why can’t babies have strawberries?
Berries, including strawberries, aren’t considered a highly allergenic food. But you may notice that they can cause a rash around your baby’s mouth. Acidic foods like berries, citrus fruits, and veggies, and tomatoes can cause irritation around the mouth, but this reaction shouldn’t be considered an allergy.
What foods are choking hazards for babies?
Potential Choking Hazards for Young Children
- Cooked or raw whole corn kernels.
- Uncut cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Pieces of hard raw vegetables or fruit, such as raw carrots or apples.
- Whole pieces of canned fruit.
- Uncut grapes, berries, cherries, or melon balls.
- Uncooked dried vegetables or fruit, such as raisins.
Can babies have blueberries?
Blueberries can be pureed for younger babies. If your baby is a little older and has some experience with solids, you can mash blueberries for them instead. Make sure the berries are broken up, since the whole berry is a choking hazard. … Blueberries pair well with a wide range of other foods.